The other night I was lying in bed watching everyone’s Snaps, and saw this semi-celebrity that I follow post that she just made her first smoothie ever. And my reaction was like, I don’t understand? It’s 2016, who has never made a smoothie? But then I realized I need to remember that not everyone revs up their blender in the morning. Like if my apartment caught on fire, I would first grab my Vitamix, then probably my Louboutins, and then run out the door. Everyone has their priorities.
So today we are bringing it back to the basics. A Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie that is so simple and delicious, those who are new to the blender game will have no trouble at all. For my S4B vets, get creative with this one and add in some extras like flax meal, chia seeds, or maca powder. And you can always throw in some spinach or kale to make it green. 😉
- 10 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 big handful of frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop of vanilla plant based protein (we love Vega and Aloha)
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- I peel a bunch of bananas ahead of time, break them into large chunks, place them in a ziplock bag and store them in my freezer. That way they are ready to go when I need them. 🙂
Shop the Post