Creamy Vegan Turmeric Mac and Cheese
I’ve been cleaning out my blog like I clean out my closet. I hate clutter; so every once and awhile I like to go through my things and get rid of what I know I will never use. Same goes with recipes. I’ll go through all the recipes on S4B, and make a list of ones I want update the photos or taste test again.
This Creamy Vegan Turmeric Mac and Cheese was more of a photo update, but I wanted to make sure this sauce was as good as I remembered. And it IS. The idea comes from Pinch of Yum (my favorite food blog/bloggers ever), so you know it’s going to be amazing. I took a spin on her cashew cream sauce and made a turmeric version that not only gives you all the Mac and cheese feels, but all the turmeric benefits!
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 garlic cloves or 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of pasta of choice
- drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add them to a blender/food processor with the almond milk, garlic, olive oil, turmeric powder, and a few dashes of sea salt and pepper and blend until creamy and smooth.
- taste test and add additional sea salt and pepper if needed.
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- reserve 1 cup of pasta water, and drain the rest of the pasta.
- slowly add the pasta water to the turmeric sauce, blending until a thinner creamy consistency is reached (*you may not need to use all the water).
- Add the turmeric sauce to the pasta and mix through.
- Serve warm.