Dairy Free Spinach and Tomato Cauliflower Gnocchi
I wasn’t sure if this was worthy of a whole blog post; it’s gnocchi with jar sauce. But! I’m here for the simple dinner ideas, so here you go. 🙂 This gnocchi is still all the rave. I usually make it once every two weeks or so as a quick vessel to mix other veggies into. Spinach is a go-to because 1. spinach 4 breakfast and 2. it doesn’t require any pre-cooking! I just add it in fresh and wait for it to wilt. My favorite red sauce is an arrabiata sauce (love Rao’s!), but you can use whatever brand you like! Oh, and if you are using the Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi, do not follow the directions! Use my instructions below, and they will be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. 🙂
- 1 package of cauliflower gnocchi (I used Trader Joe's)
- your favorite red sauce
- fresh spinach
- dairy free shredded mozzarella
- If using Trader Joe's cauliflower gnocchi, place the gnocchi on a plate (frozen) and microwave for 45 seconds.
- heat oil in a medium pan.
- when hot, add the gnocchi in a single layer and allow to cook on medium heat until browned (do not move it around!)
- flip the gnocchi and brown the other side.
- heat the sauce in a small pot
- remove the pan from heat, and pour the sauce onto the gnocchi mixing through. stir in the fresh spinach gently until wilted.
- top with mozzarella, cover and return back to medium low heat until melted.