Anyone else hate cooking chicken? I think my mom scarred me growing up after always panicking that the chicken wasn’t cooked. Now I panic haha.
A few months ago I deiced to start cooking fish for myself. I know right? Growing up we never ate fish because our my mom doesn’t like it. I literally remember the first time I ate fish was in college with my friend Lisa’s family. I’m pretty sure it was fried calamari. Gotta start somewhere. 🙂
Anyway, after a few practice rounds, I have the EASIEST healthy baked salmon recipe for you. It’s foolproof for anyone who wants something simple, but still super flavorful and delicious. Sometimes I change up the seasoning, but the the sea salt, pepper and garlic powder combo makes the top form a nice crispy coating while the inside stays flaky. I pair this salmon with a mixture of steamed and roasted veggies or place it on top of zucchini noodles for a low carb dish. I make this salmon for Lou and I once a week and it comes out perfect every time. Hope you enjoy!
- organic, wild caught salmon
- olive oil
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet, and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- brush the olive oil to evenly coat the salmon
- season with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- baking time will depend on the size of your salmon. Cook your salmon for around 10 minutes per inch thick (ie. 2 inches think would be 20 minute).
- It should flake easily with a fork when done.