After a weekend of barbecuing and s’more making, I came home with the serious need to give my digestive system a break! I’ve been loosely following the Clean Program guidelines for healthy living for years now, and one of their recommendations is to have a shake to replace a meal anytime your digestive system needs a rest. I actually notice a difference in how I feel (including less bloating!) if I go one week having a smoothie for dinner instead of a solid meal. It’s a nice little tip I resort back to pretty often!
I made this Low Sugar Avocado Protein Smoothie because I wanted something filling that would cancel out the amount of marshmallows I ate in a span of 48 hours. This smoothie gets super thick and creamy from the avocado, so no other frozen fruit is needed! I used only one scoop of protein powder (technically a 1/2 scoop per serving) to make sure it wasn’t too heavy. I topped the shake with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a little drizzle of natural peanut butter, and ate it with a spoon! I put the other one in my fridge (I always store my smoothies in mason jars!) for breakfast the next day!
- 10oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- 2 big handfuls of chopped kale
- 1 spoonful of natural peanut butter
- 2% plain Greek yogurt for topping
- Add the almond milk, avocado, protein, kale, peanut butter to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of peanut butter if desired.
You Might Need These