Gluten Free Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
I finally got an air fryer and I have to say, it’s as good as everyone says it is! Necessary? Not really, you can always use your oven. But with an air fryer you can use much less oil and still get the same crispy results. Plus it preheats and cooks way faster than a regular oven. I am literally always looking for ways to save time.
I think I forgot how good chicken tenders are. I haven’t made them in forever, and probably haven’t eaten them since Friendly’s was still a thing (because I definitely got the chicken tender basket and then a black raspberry ice cream in once of those cold metal glasses with chocolate sprinkles basically every time). I was a 90’s kid and my town was lacking in the restaurant department haha. Anyway! These Gluten Free Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are so flavorful! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can just bake in your oven until cooked through!
- 1 package of organic chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons of italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- sea salt and pepper
- whisk the eggs together in one bowl, and the rest of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- dip the chicken in the egg and then coat in the flour mixture.
- spray the air fryer basket with oil and layer chicken tenders on top.
- spray the chicken tenders lightly with oil and air fry at 400F for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway
- *if using your oven, bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through