I’ve always been a huge fan of breakfast (hence the title, Spinach for Breakfast). Although before S4B, my idea of breakfast was an egg, ham and cheese on a plain bagel from Dunkin. And I wondered why I had stomach issues. 🙂
We have a great variety of breakfast dishes on our blog, from smoothies and overnight oats, to breakfast quinoa and skinny egg sandwiches. This morning, we got pancakes!
These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Mountain Mama Cooks serve as the perfect breakfast for when I’m craving carbs… like that plain bagel. They are filling, yet still wholesome and healthy! And if you love breakfast as much as I do, you’ll have them for dinner too 🙂
- 2 cups of gluten free oats or rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups of vanilla almond milk
- 1 large ripe, organic banana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips (more or less depending on preference)
- Place the oats in the food processor/blender as blend for about 20 seconds to break down
- add the almond milk, banana, cinnamon, honey, sea salt, vanilla and egg and blend until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and blend until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a medium sized bowl and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of coconut oil.
- When hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the pan and brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Serve with raw maple syrup.
- Recipe courtesy of Mountain Mama Cooks
Shop the Post