Mini Banana Muffins (No Added Sugar)
I am always looking for new recipes that are easy and healthy for Luca! I want them to be made with real ingredients, without added sugar, and of course to be delish 🙂 Because if we wouldn’t eat it, we can’t expect them to!
These Mini Banana Muffins with no added sugar checked off all the boxes on my approval list! They are wholesome and delicious. Naturally sweetened with fruit, so there is no need for any additional sugar! They are perfect for an on-the-go snack or for part of his breakfast. This recipe makes 18 mini muffins, which can be frozen if needed!
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned whole oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries. (*optional)
- preheat the oven to 350F
- add everything to a food processor (except for the strawberries) and process until combined
- pour into a bowl and gently mix in the diced strawberries
- spay a 24 slot mini muffin tin with oil or line with paper liners
- fill each slot almost all of the way full
- if desired, sprinkle extra diced strawberry and oats on top
- bake for 13-15 minutes, and then allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge, or freeze!