No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Peanut butter and chocolate. Is there a more classic combo? I’ve been up to my eyeballs in peanut butter for the last week testing this recipe, but honestly I’m not even slightly mad about it. I finally got these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares down and they are so easy and so good!
My mom made a similar recipe to these as a kid, but they were filled with lots of butter and powdered sugar. They were always my favorite, but I wanted to make a chocolate peanut butter squares recipe that taste just as amazing but are a little bit more healthy. What I love about this recipe is that as indulgent as it looks, it’s actually full of fiber and has barely any sugar. I recommend making a big batch and storing the squares in your fridge or freezer for whenever a chocolate and peanut butter craving hits.
- 5 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/8 cup peanut butter, natural creamy
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Blend the pitted dates, maple syrup, oats, and peanut butter until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press the peanut butter oat batter into a smooth layer in the baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave over 15 second intervals.
- Spread the melted chocolate on top, and place in the fridge to set.
- Once cooled, cut into squares. Can be kept in the fridge or the freezer.
- Dairy free chocolate chips can be used for a fully vegan option.