Sweet Potato and Avocado Salad
I’m on a salad KICK! Blame it on the quarantine, but it’s literally forced me to start making my own salads instead of ordering them. I think the two things I get weirdly intimidated by are what to put it in to make it not hodgepodge (but if it is hodgepodge, it’s still totally fine) and the dressing. Homemade dressings are the way to go if you have the 3 minutes to spare! And you know I am one for a shortcut 😉
This Sweet Potato and Avocado Salad is EASY! And if you don’t feel like making the dressing any lemon vinaigrette or even just some olive oil and sea salt would be perfect!
- sweet potato, chopped
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- kale, chopped
- avocado, diced
- pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- dash of salt and pepper
- preheat the oven to 400F
- toss the sweet potato in olive oil, sea salt and pepper and roast for about 20-25 minutes until fork tender
- add all of the dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake well. set aside.
- add the kale and spinach into a large bowl, and toss lightly with dressing until coated
- add the roasted sweet, potato, avocado, pine nuts and a little more dressing and lightly toss until coated.
- add to serving bowl and top with feta
- adjust based on portion size!