Roasted Sweet Potato and Farro Salad
If you’re looking for an easy and super delicious side for Thanksgiving, I gotchu 🙂
Roasted sweet potato, massaged kale, chopped walnuts, goat cheese and a maple dressing makes this loaded salad the perfect healthy and filling dish. It’s also easy to make ahead and throw together when you need to! We are planning to head to my parents this year in MA, and since I still don’t know how to make a turkey, I think I will be bringing this 😉
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of dry farro
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 overflowing cups of chopped kale
- pomegranate seeds
- goat cheese
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- preheat the oven to 400F
- toss the sweet potato in olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes until tender
- coo farro in water or broth according to package directions
- add the chopped kale to a large bowl and massage with oil
- add the cooked farro, chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds and roasted sweet potato.
- pour in a desired amount of dressing and mix through.
- add in a desired amount of goat cheese and gently fold in
- serve immediately or chill and serve cold
- *save extra dressing if needed! also feed free to adjust ingredients (i.e. more kale) according to preference.