Roasted Sweet Potato and Farro Salad
If you’re looking for an easy and super delicious side for Thanksgiving, I gotchu 🙂
Roasted sweet potato, massaged kale, chopped walnuts, goat cheese and a maple dressing makes this loaded salad the perfect healthy and filling dish. It’s also easy to make ahead and throw together when you need to! We are planning to head to my parents this year in MA, and since I still don’t know how to make a turkey I think I will be bringing this 😉
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup of dry farro
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- pomegranate seeds
- goat cheese
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- preheat the oven to 400F
- toss the sweet potato in olive oil, sea salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minuets until tender
- add water to a medium pot, once boiling add the farro and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- add the chopped kale to a large bowl and massage with oil
- add the farro, chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds and roasted sweet potato.
- pour in the dressing and mix through.
- add a desired amount of goat cheese and gently fold in
- serve immediately or chill and serve cold