Sweet Potato, Spinach and Black Bean Quesadilla
I live for quesadillas because they are simple and the combinations are pretty endless. They are a great vessel for leftover veggies, which is one of my main fillers!
This Sweet Potato, Spinach and Black Bean Quesadilla is probably my go-to combo. I make roasted sweet potato weekly, so it’s almost always in the fridge. Then adding in the greens and black beans take little to no prep. I use shredded cheese in mine because- I love cheese 😉 But I’ve also made dairy free quesadillas using hummus instead!
- 1 tortilla
- shredded cheese (I like a Mexican blend)
- roasted sweet potato
- black beans
- spinach (lightly sauté before if desired)
- olive oil
- spray a baking sheet with olive oil
- add the tortilla and sprinkle a light layer of shredded cheese to cover
- broil the tortilla on low until the cheese is just melted
- remove from the oven, and layer the sweet potato, spinach and black beans on one half of the tortilla
- sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the sweet potato mixture and fold the tortilla in half
- lightly spray the top of the tortilla with olive oil and place back in the over to broil on low
- remove from the oven when the cheese has melted and the top of the tortilla is lightly browned