If there is one thing our mom makes constantly from our blog, it’s these Banana Oatmeal Flax Muffins. We go home to Massachusetts to visit, these muffins are on the counter. She comes to visit us in NYC, these muffins are in her pocketbook.
We decided to re-post these Banana Oatmeal Flax Muffins with new pictures, as our photography skills have gotten better over the years. 🙂 These muffins are gluten free, refined sugar free, and don’t leave you with any sort of heavy feeling after eating them.
Love you Mom. 😉
- 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats/gluten free oats
- 6oz of plain low fat greek yogurt (or one of those individual cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of raw honey/maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal (*optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- Optional: chocolate chips, blueberries, walnuts, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 muffin tin with liners or lightly coat with coconut oil.
- Place oats in a food processor and process until a flour is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until everything is mixed and the oats are smooth.
- Optional* pour batter into bowl and mix in any additional add-ins (chocolate chips, blueberries, walnuts, etc.).
- Pour batter into the muffin tin and bake for 18 minutes.
- allow to cool for a moment, and them remove and place on a cooling rack.
- makes 12 muffins, however I tend to fill each slot almost all the way so I always get 11!
Shop the Post