Beet Pesto Pasta
It’s Breast Cancer Awareness month, where we will be seeing pink in all forms to highlight the importance of education, raise awareness on the disease, remember the importance of early detection and support those who are currently seeking treatment or survivors. I wanted to share my pink contribution with this Beet Pesto Pasta! A sweet spin on a savory dish that is not only easy to make but so delicious to eat! Plus the color is perfection. 🙂 For more information on breast cancer awareness, visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup soaked, raw cashews
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced beets (*you can buy canned or pre-cooked!)
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 box of pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a pan and sauté the onion and garlic under tender.
- Once tender, add to a food processor with the cashews, almond milk, lemon juice, beets, and a dash of sea salt and pepper.
- Process until very smooth. Taste test for additional salt or pepper needed. If the pesto is too thick, add another splash of almond milk to thin.
- Mix into cooked pasta and enjoy!