Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Guys! I’ve been searching for a brownie recipe that tastes as good as the brownies from a box. Because we all know Ghirardelli knows what’s up. 😉 I’m all for a healthy version of the classic if it tastes just as good! And these my friends, taste just as good!
Are they “healthy”? We won’t go that far. 🙂 They are loaded with chocolate. But they are gluten free and dairy free for anyone with intolerances, and can be made paleo by using paleo chocolate instead! I’ve even used Your Super Chocolate Lovers mix in place of cocoa powder for some extra superfood goodness. Plus the ingredients are minimal and simple! Hope you guys love them!
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chips*
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of additional chocolate chips or chopped chocolate*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and olive oil over low heat until creamy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the egg/sugar mixture into the saucepan of melted chocolate until smooth, stirring until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and fold until just mixed.
- Fold in the additional chocolate.
- Pour batter into a greased or lined 8x8 pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- *to keep this recipe paleo, use paleo chocolate