December has got to be the hardest month to stay healthy.
No matter what holiday you celebrate, cookies are literally everywhere. Then there’s holiday candy, holiday martinis, and holiday flavored lattes at Starbucks that magically end up in my hand after I swore I ordered a green tea…
I’m not saying I won’t be eating any Christmas cookies this month. It’s definitely happening. However, to avoid gaining the holiday “bulk” this season I’m going to make sure I have healthy desserts made at home or on hand! These Chocolate Coconut Date Balls are one of my go-to’s. Dates contain several vitamins, minerals and are a great source of soluble fiber! They are easy to make, and even easier to throw in your bag incase your co-worker comes around with snickerdoodles again 🙂
- 1 cup of raw nuts (almonds/walnuts)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of pitted dates (soak in water for 15 minutes prior then drain if they are not very soft)
- 1/4 cup of raw cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of raw shredded coconut flakes
- In a food processor or high speech blender, add the nuts and the cocoa powder until broken down.
- Add the dates, and process slowly until a sticky dough forms.
- Take out the dough and roll it into balls.
- Roll each ball into the shredded coconut.
- Double recipe if desired.
Thanks for the reminder…I have dates I need to use…I love that this is so simple and I usually have all these ingredients. Happy Nesting.
Want to thank you ladies for the great sweet snack recipes! They’re a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth without unraveling my diet!
Thanks Meg! I agree 🙂
Was struggling to let go of my sweet tooth despite New Years resolutions, so have made these to help me break the sugar habit. Really pleased with the results. My dough was a bit dry so I had to add a bit of water, but love how simple this recipe is! I’m not a very confident cook so was great to actually make something rather than buy it in a packet! Thank you!
Hope you liked them!
Just made these and they are wonderful. I had some dried cherries I needed to use up so I threw those in as well. I am so happy to have these as it is valentines day and I wanted something to indulge in.
Thank You, Candace
I will have to try that next time Candace!
What do you think the serving size is?
So it all depends on how much you make each ball! Usually I get 8-10