December has got to be the hardest month to stay healthy.
No matter what holiday you celebrate, cookies are literally everywhere. Then there’s holiday candy, holiday martinis, and holiday flavored lattes at Starbucks that magically end up in my hand after I swore I ordered a green tea…
I’m not saying I won’t be eating any Christmas cookies this month. It’s definitely happening. However, to avoid gaining the holiday “bulk” this season I’m going to make sure I have healthy desserts made at home or on hand! These Chocolate Coconut Date Balls are one of my go-to’s. Dates contain several vitamins, minerals and are a great source of soluble fiber! They are easy to make, and even easier to throw in your bag incase your co-worker comes around with snickerdoodles again 🙂
- 1 cup of raw nuts (almonds/walnuts)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of pitted dates (soak in water for 15 minutes prior then drain if they are not very soft)
- 1/4 cup of raw cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of raw shredded coconut flakes
- In a food processor or high speech blender, add the nuts and the cocoa powder until broken down.
- Add the dates, and process slowly until a sticky dough forms.
- Take out the dough and roll it into balls.
- Roll each ball into the shredded coconut.
- Double recipe if desired.