Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo
I literally used to order fettuccini alfredo every single time I went out to dinner as a kid. Then if it came out with the green fettuccine noodles mixed in I’d be devastated haha. It’s still one of my favorite pastas; I LOVE a creamy sauce. But my metabolism ain’t what it used to be, so now I lighten up the sauce if I am making it for myself (def order the real thing when I’m out!).
This one is still super creamy and flavorful! And if you hate chopping cauliflower (the worst), buy it pre-chopped. So much easier. 🙂
- 1 small box of pasta (I used a 9oz box of Capello's fettuccine)
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (plus extra for sautéing the garlic)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of almond milk (or any other form of milk)
- sea salt
- parmesan *optional
- steam the cauliflower florets until fork tender.
- in a pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and the garlic over medium heat and sauté until tender and fragrant
- while the cauliflower is steaming, bring another pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta.
- drain the cauliflower and add it to a food processor with the garlic, oil, 1/2 cup of milk and a few dashes of sea salt and pepper. process until smooth.
- If needed add another 1/4 cup of almond milk to thin if the sauce is very thick (it should be like a creamy soup)
- Drain the pasta and add it back to the pot (removed from heat).
- mix in the cauliflower sauce
- top with parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley
- serve immediately
- you can make this sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge to use later!