Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo
I literally used to order fettuccini alfredo every single time I went out to dinner as a kid. Then if it came out with the green fettuccine noodles mixed in I’d be devastated haha. It’s still one of my favorite pastas; I LOVE a creamy sauce. But my metabolism ain’t what it used to be, so now I lighten up the sauce if I am making it for myself (def order the real thing when I’m out!).
This one is still super creamy and flavorful! And if you hate chopping cauliflower (the worst), buy it pre-chopped. So much easier. 🙂
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- almond milk (or any other form of milk)
- sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- place the cauliflower and garlic in a pot with about 1/2 inch of water. cover and steam over medium heat until very tender.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, bring another pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta.
- Remove the cauliflower and garlic from the heat and drain out any remaining water.
- add the cauliflower, garlic cloves, and oil to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Once the cauliflower is smooth, add the onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, and a few dashes of sea salt and pepper. start with adding 1/2 cup of almond milk and puree. Continue to add almond milk by 1/4 cup until a creamy sauce is formed. taste test for more salt and pepper needed.
- Drain pasta and add it back to the pot (removed from heat).
- mix in the cauliflower sauce.