Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo
I literally used to order fettuccini alfredo every single time I went out to dinner as a kid. Then if it came out with the green fettuccine noodles mixed in I’d be devastated haha. It’s still one of my favorite pastas; I LOVE a creamy sauce. But my metabolism ain’t what it used to be, so now I lighten up the sauce if I am making it for myself (def order the real thing when I’m out!).
This one is still super creamy and flavorful! And if you hate chopping cauliflower (the worst), buy it pre-chopped. So much easier. 🙂
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil, butter, or non-dairy butter
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Remove the cauliflower from the stem and place it in a pot with the garlic. Add 1/2 inch of water and steam until very soft (about 30 minutes).
- While the cauliflower is cooking, bring another pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta.
- Remove the cauliflower from the heat and drain out any remaining water.
- Use a food processer or an immersion blender to puree the cauliflower, garlic clove, and vegan butter. Blend until a smooth puree forms, 3-5min. Add some of almond milk if needed to aid with the pureeing process.
- Once the cauliflower is smooth, add the almond milk, lemon juice, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. Blend until well combined. Add more garlic powder and salt to taste.
- Mix into the cooked and drained pasta.