Creamy Cauliflower Pasta Bake with Mushrooms and Chicken Sausage
In unfortunate recent events, we have lost the last 9 months of content on our blog (including all posts and recipes). We are working diligently to first and foremost get the recipes back up for you. I apologize for any inconvenience and lack of written content. We appreciate your support as always!
- 1/2 to 1 box penne pasta
- 1 package chicken sausage, sliced
- 1-2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (or one frozen bag)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of ghee, butter, or non-dairy butter
- In a large skillet, sear the sausage slices until brown on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the mushrooms until tender. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta per box instructions.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic cloves, and about 1/2 inch of water to a bot and steam until the cauliflower is tender.
- Drain water and add to a food processor with the rest of he ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. Add more liquid if needed.
- Add the creamy cauliflower sauce to the pasta, and mix. Add in the cooked sausage and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with shredded gruyere cheese. Broil on low until melted.