Creamy Cauliflower Pasta Bake with Mushrooms and Chicken Sausage
- 1 box of penne (I used a gluten free version)
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of ghee/butter/non-dairy butter/oil if desired
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 packaged of sliced mushrooms
- 1 package of organic chicken sausage, sliced
- gruyere, shredded (or dairy free cheese)
- cook pasta according to package directions.
- in a pot add the cauliflower and garlic cloves in about a 1/2 inch of water and steam until the cauliflower is tender.
- drain the water and add to a food processor with the vegetable broth, almond milk, sea salt pepper and butter/oil* and puree until creamy.
- in a medium pan add a drizzle of oil and the mushrooms and begin to sauté. once they are cooked about halfway, add the chicken sausage a continue cooking until the mushrooms are tender and the chicken sausage is browned
- add to the pasta and fold in the cauliflower sauce.
- transfer to a baking dish and top with shredded gruyere
- broil until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Spinach for Breakfast https://www.spinach4breakfast.com/