Typically the only broccoli soup most people (aka I) like is something along the lines of Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Like growing up, how many times did you order that with a half a sandwich. Basically every time.
So this soup is not that. It’s vegan, 90% vegetables, yet so so good! I have to say I surprised myself with this one. I was expecting a “meh” soup that I wouldn’t have put on the blog, but would have forced myself and Lou to eat because it was healthy. But this soup has amazing flavor. Thank you Dijon.
This is a must make soup for the Clean Program. If you aren’t participating in the cleanse, try this soup for a light and healthy dinner. It’s one of our favorite ways to wake up with a flat stomach. 🙂
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots and a dash of sea salt and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute briefly until fragrant.
- Add the dijon mustard and cannelloni beans, and mix through.
- Add in the broccoli, vegetable broth, water, and another dash of sea salt and pepper.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes until carrots and broccoli are tender.
- Add the entirety of the pot to a blender, pour in the almond milk and blend until creamy.
Shop the Post