Dairy Free Butternut Squash Pasta
Very into the pasta + veggies combo these days. Blame it on the pregnancy, or making up for the fact that I was afraid to eat pasta for like a solid 6 years, but I eat this all the time now! I LOVE a creamy pasta sauce. Never was a red sauce fan, and probably never will be. But give me anything that resembles mac & cheese and I’m all in.
Butternut squash is a perfect base for a creamy sauce. Roast it, blend it, and that’s about it! I buy pre-cut butternut squash 100% of the time. Like I don’t peel and chop that thing myself. Saves so much time. I added roasted asparagus this time, but you can ad any other veggie you want. Just roast it on the same pan as the butternut squash. xo
- 1 package of pre-cut butter squash
- olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, mined
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 box of pasta (I used Jovial Foods brown rice pasta)
- preheat the oven to 400F
- drizzle the butternut squash (and whatever other veggie you are making) with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
- Sauce the garlic in a little oil until until lightly browned. set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Add the roasted butternut squash, garlic, vegetable broth, almond milk and a dash of seal salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and process until creamy. If too thick, add a little more broth.
- Taste test for more salt/pepper needed and mix into the pasta.
- Serve with the roasted veggie on the side or mixed in!