One Ingredient Ice Cream
Bananas! That’s it. Well that, a food processor and a touch of patience 🙂 I refuse to call this “nice cream.” All ice cream is nice. But it’s definitely a great dairy free, refined sugar free option.
Where I live we have this food truck called Amanda Bananas. It’s literally a truck that serves banana ice cream and you can add on all the different toppings that you want. It’s a damn dream. I walk to it multiple times a week over the summer with Luca and never need to feel guilty about sharing because it’s just… bananas.
So I decided to try it myself and honestly, it’s SO easy! It’s also a great option if you have a ton of spotty bananas and want to make something else besides banana bread during this quarantine. 😉 Take a look at my Edible Cookie Dough recipe to make this Cookie Dough Sundae!
- 4-5 spotty bananas
- peel the bananas, break them into chunks and place them in a ziplock bag. store in the freezer until frozen.
- add the frozen bananas to a food processor.
- start by PULSING the bananas to break them down (they do need to be that frozen to begin with!). pulse until they are fairly broken down with no big pieces left.
- turn the food processor "on" and allow to churn. you may need to stop and stir it with a spoon several times.
- continue this process until a creamy "soft serve" texture is formed.
- eat it as is! or add to a bread pan, cover with foil or cling wrap and place in the freezer to form hard ice cream.
- *mix in cookie dough, chocolate chips or any other toppings!
- *Take a look at my Edible Cookie Dough recipe to make this cookie dough ice cream!