Dairy Free Pumpkin Pasta with Mushrooms and Arugula
If you’re looking for another cozy fall meal, we’ve got you covered with this Dairy Free Pumpkin Pasta with Mushrooms and Arugula! I absolutely love cream sauce. When I was younger would only order fettucine alfredo when I was out to dinner. Even now I still prefer a creamy pasta over something tomato based. But the problem with creamy pasta is, well, you know… All the cream, and the butter, and the cheese. Unfortunately none of these things tend to sit well in my stomach, especially all together at once!
So, when can I enjoy a creamy pasta dish that is dairy free, healthy, and still tastes amazing it’s a major win! That’s why I love this Dairy Free Pumpkin Pasta with Mushrooms and Arugula so much. Even though I’m not as pumpkin crazy as some people, this pasta dish may be making an appearance on my dinner table year round.
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 1 package pasta
- olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of organic pumpkin puree
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1/4 cup of pasta water*
- fresh arugula
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat a small drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan. add the mushrooms and a dash of salt and pepper and sauté until tender. set aside.
- in the same pan, heat another drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- add the pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, chili powder, and a few generous dashes of sea salt and pepper and mix. Allow to simmer, stirring frequently until smooth. Stir in the nut milk.
- Drain pasta (reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water) and toss with the sauce.
- If needed, add a splash of pasta water if the sauce seems too thick and stir through.
- stir in the mushrooms and a generous handful of arugula.