Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Honestly, these are pretty healthy! They are like a better-for-you buckeye. Not to mention, the ingredients are so simple and they take two seconds to make. No need to bore you with a long blog post, the recipe for these bad boys is below 🙂
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter, stirred well
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- *additional chopped chocolate
- in a small pot, add the peanut butter and maple syrup over low heat until combined
- remove from heat and stir in the almond flour until a dough forms.
- fold in chopped chocolate if desired.
- roll the dough into balls and place on a plate/baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- allow to set in the freezer
- melt the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth
- remove balls from the freezer and dip into the chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.
- place in the fridge to set, and then store in an air tight container in the fridge.