Low Sugar Spinach Banana Muffins
Spinach for Breakfast; muffin style! Ok so I will first say, you can’t taste the spinach. They taste like little banana muffins that happen to be green 😉 They have no added refined sugar (only banana and apple sauce), so they are perfect for kids.
I like to sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top, which does add sugar- but also adds fun 🙂 These are so simple to make. Have your kids help you in the kitchen!
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned whole oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 big handful of spinach
- preheat the oven to 350F
- add the oats to a food processor and process until a flour is formed (it won't be a perfect flour consistency)
- add everything else to the food processor and process until combined
- spay a 24 slot mini muffin tin with oil
- fill each slot almost all of the way full
- if desired, sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top
- bake for 13 minutes, and then allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
- store in an air tight container in the fridge, or freeze!