One Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
Literally set it and forget it! I don’t know why I am so amazed every time I use my crockpot haha. It’s so damn easy. I also hate cooking chicken (fun fact). So throwing it in here is more my speed. These Salsa Chicken Tacos have a tonnn of flavor! I also love pulled chicken, especially after it’s been simmering in salsa for hour. 🙂
- 1-1.5 pound chicken breasts or breast tenders
- 16oz jar mild or medium salsa
- 8oz jar tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can pinto beans + liquid
- Place all the chicken breasts into a crockpot. Sprinkle the cilantro, garlic and onion powders, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the salsa, tomato sauce, and entire can of beans (including the liquid) on top.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, until the chicken is cooked. Shred with two forks, and let cook another 15 minutes on low.
- Serve in tacos or stuff inside a sweet potato, and top with your favorite toppings.