Simple baked fruit is one of my favorite desserts. Let me clarify. Ice cream is my favorite dessert, along with chocolate chips cookies and apple pie. But simple baked fruit is one of my favorite healthy desserts for when I want something sweet but can’t justify ordering fro-yo. 🙂
I almost always bake apples with cinnamon and a little honey, but these Skinny Baked Pears topped with greek yogurt and granola might be my new fave. I thought I was going to want vanilla ice cream on top, but I actually loved the tartness of the yogurt combined with the sweetness of the maple baked pear.
It’s also a great dessert to make for a dinner party! They are so easy you can slice a bunch of pears in half and bake them all at once. Add a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of granola and you’ll get points for serving a dessert warm out of the oven. 🙂
- 1 pear
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2% plain greek yogurt
- preheat the oven to 375F
- Slice the pears in half, and then slice a piece off the back of each side so the halves lay flat.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop our the core and seeds.
- sprinkle each half with cinnamon
- mix together the maple syrup and vanilla and drizzle over each half (you don't have to use it all)
- bake for 20 minutes.
- when the pear is finished baking, add a big spoonful of greek yogurt to each half and top with granola.
- Enjoy warm!
- this is a great dessert for a dinner party! feel free to triple or quadruple the recipe.