The Easiest Protein Pancakes
Ok, let’s start by saying the goal here is protein. These won’t turn out super fluffy like the pancakes from the IHop, but you know; we’re trying the whole health thing. 🙂 I mean think about it, you’re eating one banana, one egg, about 20 grams of plant based protein, and cinnamon. Maple syrup is a natural sweetener, or top with fruit and nut butter! The taste will largely depend on the protein brand you use, so pick a good one!
I actually like to bring these as a snack and eat them cold. And if you make them don’t forget to tag us on Instagram or DM us a pic! We love seeing recreations of our recipes. 🙂
- 1 banana
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan version)
- 1 1/2 scoops of vanilla plant based protein protein
- 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Add the banana to a blender and blend on low until broken down (not completely smooth).
- Add the egg/flax eggs, protein powder, and cinnamon and blend on low until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low.
- Spray the pan with olive oil or coconut oil spray, and then add 1/4 cup of the batter.
- When the pancake starts to bubble (about 30 seconds) flip over.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top with pure maple syrup if desired.
- Just note these will NOT taste like regular fluffy pancakes. They are meant for a super healthy, protein pancake alternative. Also flavor will depend on the protein brand you use!
For Your Protein Pancakes