Spinach for Breakfast, pancake style. 🙂
I started making these Spinach Banana Pancakes for Luca (I just cut them into strips and give them to him Baby-Led weaning style). They are really easy to make and freeze for later! Plus you can’t taste the spinach at all, so it’s a great way to sneak some extra veggies into an already healthy pancake.
I will start to share some more Baby-Led Weaning recipes soon!
- 2 cups of old fashioned or rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups of milk (nut or dairy)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 egg (or 1/4 cup of apple sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add the oats to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until broken down into a flour like consistency (does not need to be perfect)
- add the almond milk, spinach, banana, cinnamon, egg and vanilla and blend until the spinach is completely broken down and the batter is smooth
- add in the baking powder and pulse for about 15 seconds until incorporated
- use a 1/4 measuring cup and add batter to a non-stick pan over medium-low heat
- cook for 2-3 minutes until you start to see small bubbles and flip.
- store in the fridge or freeze