Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Pasta Salad
Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Pasta Salad for all those summer food needs! Bbq’s may be few and far between this year, but Lou and I have been making do at home. He loves nothing more than manning the grill (even if it’s our small indoor one because- apartment life). I on the other hand have never even come close to turning a grill on; so I assign myself as the salad maker 🙂
Pasta salad is such a summer staple, and this combo using Mezzetta sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts is definitely my new go to! Mezzetta’s products have amazing flavor due to the quality of the ingredients. This recipe is also SO easy; literally just toss everything into the pasta. Perfect dish for a big gathering or just for your little family at home.
AND the best thing about pasta salads is you can make them the day before if you are going to a party or hosting. Let that dressing soak in there 😉 I am all for minimizing work in all aspects of my life, so if you need to volunteer to bring a dish or just want to make sure you have leftovers at home, this is a great option!
- 1 box of bowtie pasta
- 1 small container of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts, drained and roughtly chopped
- mozzarella balls, drained
- a few large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- cook pasta according to package directions
- add all of the dressing ingredients to a mason jar with a lid or a bowl and shake/whisk until combined
- drain the pasta and add to a large serving bowl
- add the rest of the ingredients and pour in a portion of the dressing. mix to combine, and add more dressing if needed (you may not need all of it! if serving the next day, save the dressing in case it needs more)
- chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.