Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Biscuits
Made these for Luca and I can’t stop eating them! I am always looking for things that I can make in batches so I am not cooking multiple things every day. I honestly can’t keep up! With a baby you can’t just be like, “so you want chips and hummus for dinner tonight?” I always have to have healthy options ready for him. These Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Biscuits are great for any babies who have a good handle on eating. They are soft and so flavorful!
- 10oz organic ground turkey
- 1/3 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced broccoli florets
- Olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup organic shredded cheddar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- A few dashes salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brown the turkey and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onions and broccoli with a splash of olive oil and sauté until tender.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the 3 eggs. Add 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese (save the other 1/4 cup).
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the egg mixture along with the ground turkey, broccoli, and onions. Mix until well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down slightly with your hand to flatten a little.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheddar and bake for 12 minutes.