This is the first year in five years that I am not participating in the Clean Program’s 21 day cleanse. And if you haven’t heard the news, it’s because I’m pregnant. 🙂
We are HUGE fans of the Clean Program. It’s not a juice cleanse or a quick fix diet like so many other “cleanses” out there. It’s three weeks of real food that not only resets your body, but teaches you so much about the appreciation for healthy eating. You also learn what your body tolerates and what it does not, often alleviating symptoms such as fatigue, digestive difficulty, bloating, mental fogginess, skin issues and extra weight.
We have a million Clean Program posts, so I won’t go into it in detail here, but if you are participating in the cleanse we have a ton of clean recipes and wellness posts on the blog to help you survive the beginning. 🙂
One thing I’ve picked up from the Clean Program is the appreciation for creamy, vegan vegetable soups. They are super healthy, loaded with nutrients, easier to digest and just plain cozy for winter! This Creamy Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup recipe actually comes from our intern Lindsay (thanks girl!). It’s SO delicious and really easy to make. Also a great dinner for the Clean Program!
- 1 small head of garlic
- 2 heads of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- olive oil
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can of white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of almond milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic so the cloves are exposed and place in center of a baking sheet.
- Spread the cauliflower florets around the garlic.
- Drizzle the garlic head and then cauliflower with olive oil and then sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Wrap the garlic head in foil and roast everything in the oven for 30 minutes.
- When the roasting is complete, add a drizzle of olive oil to a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and a dash of red pepper flakes and cook until clear.
- When the garlic head is cool enough to touch, remove the whole roasted garlic cloves and add them to the pot with the rosemary roasted cauliflower, 1 can of white beans, vegetable broth, and milk and bring to a boil.
- Add a dash of sea salt and pepper.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or actual blender to puree the soup until creamy.
- Add more rosemary, salt, and/or pepper to taste (garlic salt is delicious too)
- Add more milk to adjust consistency, if too thick.