Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
What happens often in my life of food blogging is this: I experiment with a new recipe, it will come out looking awesome so I’ll take all the photos, then I’ll finally bite into it and realize that it’s just not quite right. I end up eating a lot of experimental baked goods, until they’re ready to go up on the blog!
So, sometimes I want to just make healthy muffins from a box. But other days, I want a healthy loaf of something homemade that’s still SUPER EASY to make. This Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is just that! It’s dangerously good, but not overly sweet. And the recipe came out tasting and looking great on the first try. 😉
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- coconut oil/butter (for greasing the bread pan)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- grease a bread pan/
- in a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt).
- in a second medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (banana, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla).
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine.
- mix in the chocolate chips.
- pour into a bread pan and bake for 45 minutes, until lightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- allow to completely cool before serving.