Moroccan Quinoa Salad
Call me crazy, but I’m not totally quinoa obsessed. Because for me, quinoa can taste either 10/10 or 1/10 depending on how it’s made. While I’ll make it occasionally, there’s a reason it’s not in every recipe I make 😉.
That being said, this Moroccan Quinoa Salad might be one of my new FAVORITE plant-based meals! There is SO much flavor, even quinoa skeptics like myself will be asking for seconds. I’m also just obsessed with the color of it. I’m one of those people who loves to think to myself, “how many colors can I eat today?”. This dish with all its plant-based goodness definitely raises the bar! It also has a turmeric dressing which is great for inflammation, and many other benefits! You can also take a look at our turmeric date balls or anti-inflammatory smoothie recipes for other ways to get in the amazing benefits of turmeric.
It’s always a win-win when I can enjoy a delicious meal that I also know is ridiculously good for me.
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 4 carrots, julienned or diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jar roasted bell pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup of currants or raisins
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup of white balsamic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- spread the chickpeas onto a tray with a little olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and roast in the oven until crispy, for about 30mins.
- In a separate pot, add the 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water.
- bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- add the carrots and garlic to a large pan with olive oil and cook until the carrots are tender.
- Make the dressing by whisking the white balsamic, olive oil, honey (optional), salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin and parsley. Set aside.
- Dice the roasted bell pepper and add to the pan.
- Add the currants/raisins and cook until warm.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and fluff with a fork.
- Whisk the dressing once more, then toss the quinoa salad with the dressing.
- Mix in the roasted chickpeas.