Moroccan Quinoa Salad
Give me all the FLAVOR! Healthy eating isn’t so hard when the food actually tastes amazing. Back in the day I used to go between two extremes; either steamed veggies and grilled chicken or like a burger and fries. I felt like it needed to be one way or the other. Over the years I’ve learned how to cook healthy food with as much flavor and deliciousness as the unhealthy stuff. That way I can eat, actually be full and satisfied, and not feel like crapola.
I can’t get enough of this Moroccan Quinoa Salad. It’s packed with protein, fiber, veggies and so much flavor! Plus there is a turmeric dressing; and turmeric has all the health benefits going on. Eat warm or cold 🙂
Head here for more turmeric recipes!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 4 carrots, julienned or diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 10 or 12oz jar of roasted bell peppers, drained
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup of currants or raisins
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup of white balsamic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- spread the chickpeas onto a tray with a little olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and roast in the oven until crispy, for about 30mins.
- In a separate pot, add the 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water.
- bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- add the carrots and garlic to a large pan with olive oil and cook until the carrots are tender.
- Make the dressing by whisking the white balsamic, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin and parsley. Set aside.
- Dice the roasted bell pepper and add to the pan.
- Add the currants/raisins and cook until warm.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and fluff with a fork.
- Whisk the dressing once more, then toss the quinoa salad with the dressing.
- Mix in the roasted chickpeas.